With more than a decade of experience, Bright Maritime Corporation (BMC) has already earned its keep as one of the most stable and prolific manning agencies in the country. Maintaining its passion in the pursuit of excellence all throughout, BMC has turned in prolific results in deploying highly qualified Filipino seafarers to the vessels of its growing roster of principals each year.
ISO Certification (2008)
In the 2008 Surveillance Audit (January 30, 2008) by Bureau Veritas Certification, the company have zero (0) Non-Conformity, another achievement to boast with the company's continous pursuit for excellence.
Most Outstanding Maritime Crewing Services (National Awards - 2007)
Another prestigious Award was conferred as Most Outstanding Maritime Crewing Services (National Awards) By the Phil. Marketing Practitioners Association, Inc., Business Asia Magazine, The Asia-Pacific Global Awards for Marketing Excellence Inc. The Award was based on the standards for global marketing excellence of superior value offering, outstanding marketing practices, highly innovative marketing, excellent product quality, superior market strength, and strong customer orientation. Awarded at the Centennial Ballroom at the Club Filipino Greenhills, San Juan, on 24th of July, 2007, Metro Manila, Philippines.
National Product Quality Excellence Awards and the National Council for Product and Service Quality as Best Manning-Crewing Services at the 2006 Pasig City Awards.
ISO 9001:2000 Series Quality Standard - Bureau Veritas Quality International (BVQI) (2004)
After consistently passing the ISO surveillance audit and the series of trainings for the new quality version, BMC boasts of having been certified again by Bureau Veritas Quality International (BVQI) in the ISO 9001:2000 Series Quality Standard - a quality service innovation.
Outstanding Performance Award by POEA (2002 and 2006)
BMC is a proud recipient of two Top Performer Awards from the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA), backing up its noteworthy performance as a manning agency, making it a certified partner of the POEA in giving more jobs to Filipinos. As an awardee of the most prestigious award "The POEA Top Performance Award", POEA Licensing Department granted the company Manning Licensure to Operate for six (6) years from August 11, 2004 to August 10, 2010 (POEA-264-SB-070804-R). In addition to, the company was granted an In-house processing of POEA Employment Contract - granted only to those manning agency who have an average deployment of 300 seafarer per month.
Top 5 Manning Agency (2001)
Received a Plaque of Appreciation from Admiral Maritime Training Institute of the Philippines for being Top 5 Manning agency in the commitment to develop Filipino seafarers thereby giving them a quality trainings and workshop.Given on the 27th day of November, 2001 on the occasion of AMTIP 6th year anniversary at Coconut Palace Poolside, CCP Complex, Roxas Boulevard, Manila
ISO Certification - Bureau Veritas Quality International (BVQI) (1997)
As trendsetter for internationally accepted quality service, the firm was granted by Bureau Veritas Quality International (BVQI) its first ISO Certification.
Seminars and Workshops
Bright Maritime Corporation sponsors seminars for seamen and their loved ones with free lunch and snacks as follow:
- Saturday, July 20, 2013 Anger Management and Values Formation Seminar at the In-House Training Room.
- Saturday,April 20, 2013 Bright goes to Botolan Zambales Summer Outing for " TEAM BUILDING 2013"
- Saturday, June 2, 2012 HIV and AIDS AWARENESS Seminar 2012 at th In-House Training Room
- May 05 to 06,2012 - Saturday to Sunday BRIGHT MARITIME CORPORATION GOES NASUGBU!"Summer Outing for "TEAM BUILDING 2012" at Munting Buhangin Beach Camp"
- October 1, 2011 Saturday 5ft F.A.M.E FUNRUN 2011 at MALL OF ASIA.
- September 17,2011 Saturday BRIGHT MARITIME CORPORATION JOINS INTERNATIONAL CLEAN UP @ Freedom Island Coastal Lagoon Paranaque.
- August 14-15,2011 Saturday to Sunday"TEAM DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM" In Celebration of our 17th Year Corporate Anniversary.at Club Manila East, Taytay, Rizal.
- Team Development Program at Overlook Resort, Antipolo, Rizal held on April 28-29, 2007
- Forum on Wealth Management For Seafarers and Spouses by PhilAm Life Management - August 12, 2006 at In-House Training Center, Bright Maritime, Ortigas Ctr, Pasig City
- Forum on HIV AIDS : Seafarer's Hidden Health Risk - Scheduled twice a year, started last 2001. The said forum are conducted by NGOs : Achieve Health International
- F4 - Family Forever (Values Enhancement Seminar)
Held on September 7, 2003 8:00 am to 6:00 p.m. at 3/F Emerald Building, Ortigas Center, Pasig City. The seminar was attended by 45 participants. It was conducted by Mary Ann Joaquin-Abella (Training Consultant)
- Pangkabuhayan ng mga Tripulante at Kanilang Mahal sa Buhay (Livelihood Training Workshop)
Held on August 10, 2002 at 3/F Emerald Building, Ortigas Center, Pasig City with speakers from Technology and Livelihood Resource Center (TLRC), OWWA Representative, Pre-Need Sector (Pacific Plans, Inc.) and Real Estate Sector
- How to Start Small Scale Business (Livelihood Program) conducted by UP Diliman ISSI and TESDA
- ISO Awareness Seminar Workshop
- Quality Management Internal Quality Audit Seminar for the Quality Audit Team Members
- Leadership/Managerial Skill Development Seminars conducted by Guthrie Jensens
- Positive Thinker Development Seminar by The Harry Pound
- Training the Trainer Seminar Workshop by Harry Pound
BMC Family Welfare Bureau
We establish BMC Family Welfare Bureau that provides the following:
- Grant loans to seafarer's beneficiaries in times of financial crisis and emergency needs without imposing any interest.
- Facilitates in sending urgent messages and packages to and from their loved ones.
- Assist in the availment of benefits from seamen's union, Social Security System(SSS) and OWWA.
- Provide free medical consultations to employees and seafarer's immediate relatives thru Ygeia Medical Clinic, Pandacan, Manila.
In-House Training Center
We facilitate the upgrading of seafarers' skills to comply with the International Safety Management (ISM) code.